Popular Posts

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Music for Driving through the Desert




I don't like flying. I'm not afraid, I just find it to be inconvenient and unpleasant, so I drive when I can. I enjoy driving to Las Vegas, it's soothing for me and I enjoy the time spent in the car listening to music and daydreaming. I like being on my own schedule, packing whatever I like, using my electronics whenever I want, and on the way I stop at The Mad Greek in Baker for lunch, yummm.

I make a playlist. I like to think of it as a soundtrack for my trip. This is the one I made for the drive last week. I'm still enjoying it... loving the mixture of old with new.

Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair   Arctic Monkeys  
Heaven Beside You    Alice In Chains             
Show Me How To Live     Audioslave 
Blunderbuss    Jack White   
I know - I'm Losing You    Rod Stewart 
Every picture tells a story    Rod Stewart
Missing Pieces  Jack White    
Let's Spend the Night Together   Rolling Stones   
Every Picture Tells a Story        Rod Stewart   
Jealous Again    The Black Crowes         
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground   The White Stripes   
My Only Love  Roxy Music   
Set Fire To The Rain  Adele   
Lucky       Kat Edmonson   
Rocks       Primal Scream   
19th Nervous Breakdown     Rolling Stones  
99 Problems     Hugo      
Wild Horses    The Sundays   
Hypocritical Kiss     Jack White  
This Head I Hold    Electric Guest   
Bright Lights    Gary Clark Jr.   
Rumour Has It     Adele    
Things Ain't Like They Used To Be      The Black Keys   
You Don't Know What Love Is (You Just Do As You're Told)    The White Stripes   
Jealous Guy     John Lennon    
Misty Mountain Hop      Led Zeppelin        
Pretty Noose     Soundgarden   
Dear Prudence       The Beatles   
Prophecy      Remy Zero   
burden in my hand        Soundgarden   
I Put A Spell On You    Bryan Ferry    
Yellow Ledbetter        Pearl Jam   
Hang On To Yourself      David Bowie   
Lonely Boy       The Black Keys    
Sunshower       Chris Cornell   
Gold On The Ceiling        The Black Keys   
Howlin' for You    The Black Keys   
I Can't Explain        David Bowie    
Son of a Preacher Man       Dusty Springfield    
Still Rainin'     Johnny Lang   
Radioactive      Kings Of Leon   
Strange Times    The Black Keys   
Could I've Been so Blind     The Black Crowes   
While My Guitar Gently Weeps       The Beatles 
Thorn In My Pride     The Black Crowes   
Under My Thumb       Rolling Stones   
Ain't That So       Roxy Music   
All the Young Dudes     Mott the Hoople   
Fans      Kings of Leon   
Tighten Up        The Black Keys   
Be Somebody       Kings Of Leon    
Ruby Tuesday        Rolling Stones  
Win        David Bowie   
Somebody Up There Likes Me        David Bowie   
The Man Who Sold The World        David Bowie  

No comments:

Post a Comment