I've limited this list to only those books that were helpful; those that I would qualify as being an important influence. It's not a complete list of all of the books I've ever read. I've read plenty that didn't meet the criteria. They are not here. Only the best and the brightest. These are the books that inspired me in a positive, constructive, practical way and I'm thankful for the the contribution they've made. Some are obvious "self help" style, others are disguised as "purely entertaining" but all were surprisingly powerful.
When I went through my break up of a very long relationship, I was thoughtful and deliberate in the new direction I wanted to head into, to create the balance and happiness I felt was missing before. As part of my searching and "trying on" something different, I was learning and discovering - it was an education. I read books. I read a lot of books. I was looking for help in defining what happiness is for me. Not like what it is for anyone else, or what anyone else might want for me, but what worked for me. I was looking for results.
I was inspired to explore being a companion before I read books on the subject. It was, perhaps, a little unconventional by most standards, but it was right for me. The books I read and the experiences I've had, have been a huge part of my self discovery and positive growth. I am empowered by it. While it's not necessary to share the experience to learn something valuable, it may be surprising. Sometimes in the places you least suspect, you will find the greatest treasure.
I recommend all of these, to anyone, but especially to women, because you can never be over dressed or over educated.
1. #Girlboss - #Girlboss for outsiders (and insiders) seeking a unique path to success, even when that path is winding as all hell and lined with naysayers.
2. "The Ethical Slut - A Practical Guide to Polyamory, Open Relationship and Other Adventures" Amazon "The Ethical Slut"
3. Shad Helmstetter "What to Say When You Talk to Yourself" Amazon "What to Say When You Talk to Yourself"
4. Mitch Albom "Tuesdays With Morrie" Amazon "Tuesdays With Morrie"
5. James Frey "A Million Little Pieces" Amazon "A Million Little Pieces"
6. Catherine Hakim "Erotic Capital - The Power of Attraction in the Boardroom and the Bedroom" Amazon "Erotic Capital"
7. "Post Secret - Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives" Amazon "PostSecret"
8. Chelsea Handler "My Horizontal Life - A Collection of One Night Stands" Amazon "My Horizontal Life"
9. Constance Stellas "Sex Signs - Astrology Between the Sheets" Amazon "Sex Signs"
10. Veronica Monet "Sex Secrets of Escorts" Amazon "Sex Secrets of Escorts"
11. Amanda Brooks "The Internet Escort's Handbook" I and II http://www.goldengirlpress.com
12. Joan Kelly "The Pleasure's All Mine - Memoir of a Professional Submissive" Amazon "The Pleasure's All Mine"
13. Wayne Dyer "The Power of Intention - Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way" Amazon "The Power of Intention"
14. Napoleon Hill "Think and Grow Rich" "Think and Grow Rich"